Avoiding tan is one of the most impossible things during the summer season. Summer season means being outdoors enjoying with your family and friends. Soaking in sun can lead to tan as the harsh sun rays make your skin susceptible to damage. Your skin tends to lose moisture and look dull and pale.
Related: How to remove tan from neck
In order to prevent any kind of further damage, you must start treating your skin as soon as possible. Chemical products such as sun screens end to protect the skin from damage but also affect it in an adverse way. The best way to treat your skin from the sun damage is by using the natural ingredients. Nothing can be better than getting a home remedy. They not only provide nourishment to the skin but also keep your skin healthy in the long run. Unlike the chemical products available in the market, these natural ingredients show no side effects.
Let us have a look at the home remedies for sun tan removal. These face packs work properly if you apply them on a regular basis.
- Honey and lemon juice: one thing that you can find easily in almost every kitchen is lemon. Lemon juice is highly rich in vitamin C and can be used for whitening the skin tone. Lemons do that by reducing the formation of melanin pigment under the skin pores. You can simply cut a lemon and rub it on the affected area. You can also use lemon along with honey to get rid of tan. Honey also acts as a bleaching agent. Mix both of them together and apply it on your skin. Leave the mixture for about 30 minutes and wash it off with cold water. Lemon can also be used as a scrubber. All you need to do is add some sugar and use the mixture to gently scrub to slough off the dead skin cells.
- Yogurt and tomato: being highly rich in antioxidants, tomato helps in brightening the skin. Tomato is considered as one of the best tan removal agent. Besides removing tan, it also removes the dead skin cells and maintains the glow of your skin. It is readily available in the market and can be used as a natural sunscreen to prevent sunburn. Whereas yogurt can also be used as a dead skin removal ingredient. Use these two ingredients to make a face pack. Take two spoons of tomato pulp and add 1 spoon of yogurt. Apply this on the tanned areas and keep it for half an hour. Wash it off with water and apply this almost regularly.
- Cucumber extract: cucumber is one of the ingredients which are used for treating tanned and sunburnt skin. It helps you to remove tan and also provide a cooling effect. Take one cucumber and smash it properly. Now take a bowl and add 2 spoons of cucumber juice along with 1 spoon of lemon juice. Adding pinch of turmeric to it is optional. Mix all the ingredients properly to make a thick paste. Apply this paste all over the affected areas including your tanned hands and legs. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
- Aloe Vera: this ingredient can be used as an elixir for every ailment. You can easily get them in your gardens, parks or neighbourhoods. Besides acting as a great cooling agent, Aloe Vera pulp is used to get rid of tan, sunburn and other skin related issues. You can apply raw Aloe Vera directly onto your face or you can make an Aloe Vera face pack and then apply it. For making a face pack, all you need it red lentil, also known as Masoor dal, a tomato and few Aloe Vera leaves. Take 2tablespoons of red lentil and soak it for a few hours. When the dal gets soft, put it in a blender and blend it well. Add 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel and 2 teaspoons of tomato juice to it. Blend it well to make a paste. Apply this paste on the suntanned skin and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
Given below are some of the tips to prevent sun tanning.
- Whenever you step out of your home, do not forget to carry your sunglasses and hats. They provide extra protection against the scorching heat.
- Try wearing full sleeve clothes such that less of your skin is exposed to the sun.
- Bright coloured clothes tend to provide better protection against the sun.
- Apply sunscreen whose SPF is greater than 30.
- Try to avoid any kind of outdoor activities during the peak time of the sun.