We all know that the face is the canvas for the makeup artist. Good skin care is what keeps your canvas ready to display your work at its best. There are specific steps you can take to maintain good healthy fresh skin with a glow whether you use makeup or not.
The following 5 steps are easy to do and will help keep your face ready to shine-
(1). No Makeup In Bed – Wearing makeup to bed is ‘taboo’. Many women have tried wearing makeup to bed only to realize the toll it takes on their skin. You should use a good cleanser before laying down to sleep to get rid of the makeup and oils. It is recommended that you use a good makeup remover especially around the eyes. It should have a conditioning agent to help with the delicate skin around the eye area and to remove any trace of makeup.
(2). Thorough Cleansing – You need to cleanse your skin thoroughly both in the morning and again at night. Use a cream or cleanser that is gentle and has no harsh additives or perfumes. A thorough cleansing eliminates dirt from the pores so your skin will be better able to breathe.
(3). Rinsing – Every time you go to wash your face take the extra time to thoroughly rinse. Keep splashing the water onto your face and be sure to cover your entire facial area (neck too). Be sure that all makeup and soap makes it down the drain.
(4). Toner – Find yourself a good alcohol-free toner to use. This is good for those with oily skin. It helps to clear away all the excess oils and make your skin smooth. Many of the experts are against anyone trying to use alcohol for getting rid of skin oils. The alcohol is very harsh and will dry out your skin. This in turn will cause your oil glands to try and compensate for the dryness and they usually end up over-compensating creating too much oil. A lot of women are unaware that skin can be oily and at the same time dehydrated. Once you wipe the oils away the skin will appear to be dry. However, at that time the oil glands are kicking in to compensate for the skin being dry and creating too much oil.
(5). Moisturizing – When you moisturize be sure to use a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic and oil-free. It is highly recommended by the experts that all women 20 or older use a good moisturizer daily. Adding moisture back into the skin combats the drying effects of pollution, aging, and harsh weather. Many women don’t know it but even your air conditioning can dry your skin out. You should always have a good moisturizer handy and use it often.
Diet and Healthy Skin:
Another important element of skin care is your diet. You can prevent many skin problems with proper diet. One example is acne, especially in teen years, treating problems with acne should be accompanied with some diet changes. There are certain foods you can eat that will help you to maintain fresh and healthy skin:
1. Nuts – Snacking on nuts gives the skin the fats it needs to stay clear and luminous. They have high levels of vitamin B Complex which helps with skin cell restoration as well as dry skin. Nuts work to give your skin a younger appearance and fights off aging.
2. Blackberries – Eating blackberries is extremely beneficial as an anti-aging agent. They help to maintain the elasticity of your skin. They are also good for your eyes and gums.
3. Avocados – Eating avocados is very good for your skin. You can even create an avocado face mask that can do wonders for the look and feel of your skin. When eaten in moderation it can provide you with mono-unsaturated fats that will assist in giving you smoother and softer skin.
4. Oats – Eating oats gives you a high level of phosphorus, manganese, iron, Vitamin E, Vitamin B, and Silicon. You need Silicon to maintaining collagen levels and healthy skin.
5. Salmon/Tuna – Both of these fish dishes are powerhouses and loaded down with Omega-3 fatty acids. They are rich in Vitamin D which is great for your skin. Salmon and Tuna can help keep your skin fresh and looking healthy.