With the recession striking all the sectors of industry, event planners could not stay aloof for long. Though an experienced panel of event industry claims that conditions are suitably favorable for the event planning industry, reality is far from it.
Recession is double faced, like a coin. It can emerge as a pool of opportunities for those who manage to strive and adapt as per the market conditions and disaster for those who fail to adapt.
But a question here arises, with the cutbacks in spending, postponement of investments and high rate of unemployment, how can you kick start your event planning business? Apparently, companies use events to boast their relationship with clients, increase sales, reward efficient employees and to change the overall mundane atmosphere. And so, you can adopt these success-proven strategies and get rewarding returns in your business:
• Change the face of your business: You need to make your client company realize that events are not just a luxury but a necessity. Along with rebuilding your relationship with customers and clients, it also helps in establishing a client base. Organizing an event becomes more important during recession as it does not just act like a much needed change from the mundane routine for your employees or customers, but also succeed in attracting and converting potential clients into buyers.
• Be different: The survival of the fittest cannot be neglected during recession. With tons of other event planners looking for more projects and providing similar services to yours, why would any potential client choose you over others? Apparently, you need to come up with more customer friendly strategies and bring necessary change in the style of your job. As adaptation is the key to survival, you need to come up with cost effective tricks as nothing is more essential than saving money in a recession.
• Influential marketing: No doubt your event planning company is far better than others in the market. But, does it matter if your potential clients are not aware about this? You need to come up with influential marketing strategies which highlights your business and explain why your company is best in the market. Though marketing might require some amount of initial investment, results can be availed and enjoyed for long. While most of the companies plan on cost cutting, they prefer to invest minimum money in campaigns, advertising, events etc. In such a scenario, you need give them plans which save maximum expenditure.
• Organize effectively: Planning is the key behind any successful event. Last minute cancellations, bookings, etc do nothing better than digging a hole in wallets by causing unnecessary expenditure. Therefore, you need to plan events well advance in time. It would save a huge amount of money which can be your key to success in recession. In addition, you need to formulate your marketing strategy effectively such that monetary investments are minimized and gains are maximized.
• Protect your assets: For an event planning firm, your employees are the major force to drive success. So, you need to nurture and take care of them like a family. They need to feel secure about their career. The company’s environment should be friendly enough to motivate healthy competition. Owing to the downfall in market, many conferences are organized worldwide where companies are imparted with such business friendly tips. As a result, many companies have been able to adapt and formulate their strategies as per the market conditions, event management melbourne being one of such examples.