Skin is the largest organ of our body, so it needs to be taken care of. Everybody want to have a younger –looking and healthy skin. Here are some ways you can attain a supple, glowing and healthy skin:
1. Avoid strong soaps on your skin that can snatch away the essential oils from it and leave it looking dull and lifeless. Instead choose a mild cleanser. After bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry so that some moisture retains on your skin.
2. Use a moisturizer regularly, specially if you have dry skin. Use one that suits your skin type. You may also use a moisturizer that contains SPF. You can use natural moisturizers, like olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba and safflower. The best time to apply these is immediately after drying yourself after taking bath. You don’t need to completely dry yourself. A little dampness only helps.
3. A healthy diet has a direct impact on your skin. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains. Some research suggests that a diet low in refined or processed carbohydrates and unhealthy fats and rich in vitamin c helps in promoting younger looking skin.
4. Excessive stress can lead to acne and other skin problems. So take steps to manage your stress to achieve a healthy skin and a healthy state of mind. You can make a to- do- list and do things you really enjoy.
5. Opt for fragrance- free cosmetic products. Fragrance is often the main reason for causing allergies and other skin problems. Choose to use fragrance- free products, especially if you have a sensitive skin.
6. Exfoliate your skin once a week to cure dry skin. Dry skin is a result of dead cells that makes the skin look dull. You can make inexpensive salt or sugar scrub at home that are excellent exfoliators for your body. To make the scrub, take one cup of salt or sugar and add oil to it until a desired consistency is achieved. 1/3 cup of oil to 1 cup of salt or sugar is a good proportion. You can also use a green tea scrub that you can prepare by mixing 3 tbsp of green tea, 1 tbsp of a good nourishing cream and 2 tbsp of brown sugar. Apply the paste and leave for 15 minutes before you rinse and pat dry.
7. For your lips, take a specially designed lip scrub to remove dead skin. Then apply a lip balm to keep your lips smooth and supple. You can also apply honey, keep for some time and then wash off.
8. Use natural and organic bath products as they are safe, free of chemicals and works great for skin. Buy the products from a good store. Visit www.luxuryboutique.biz to know more. It’s a good idea to make a list of products you would want to use before going to the shop. Look for product samples before purchasing. Many retailers offer sample products that you can apply to your skin to see whether it suits your skin type.